Skip to content
ABOUT MSME EXPORT PROMOTION COUNCIL
- The micro, small, and medium enterprises (MSMEs) has emerged as a highly vibrant and dynamic sector of the economy. It contributes significantly to the economic and social development of the country by fostering entrepreneurship and generating the largest employment opportunities at comparatively lower capital cost, next only to agriculture. MSMEs are complementary to large industries as ancillary units and this sector plays an extremely important role in the inclusive industrial development, and empowerment of the rural sector.
- The MSMEs are widening their domain across sectors of the economy, producing a diverse range of products and services to meet the demands of domestic as well as global markets. As per the MSME Industry Report, micro (manufacturing & services) stands for turnover of up to Rs.5 crore, small turnover of up to Rs.50 crore, and medium turnover of Rs.250 crore. With around 63.4 million units throughout the geographical expanse of the country, MSMEs contribute over 6.11% of the manufacturing GDP and 24.63% of the GDP from service activities as well as 33.4% of India’s manufacturing output. The share of export of specified MSME-related products to All India exports is around 50% in 2020-21.
- The MSME Export Promotion Council, a non-profit organization, is incorporated as Section 8 of the Company Law by the Ministry of Corporate Affairs, Government of India. The Council acknowledged as the fountain-head of knowledge, works closely work with the Centre and State Governments and associations of micro, small, and medium enterprises to help, promote, and encourage these units. The focus of services and activities is enhancing entrepreneurial skill development, training, enriching the knowledge on various laws, promotion of women’s entrepreneurial ship especially in the North Eastern Region and SC-ST communities, connecting them with knowledge digital firms, fintech companies, and importers/exporters, etc.
- The focus of services and activities is enhancing entrepreneurial skill development, training, enriching the knowledge on various laws, promotion of women’s entrepreneurial ship especially in the North Eastern Region and SC-ST communities, connecting them with knowledge digital firms, fintech companies, and importers/exporters, etc.
Vision & Mission
- help and coordinate between government, industry, and other agencies, and act as a facilitator.
- help develop basic infrastructure for the development of MSMEs, and create job opportunities.
- help promote e-governance for empowering MSMEs, promote inclusive and sustainable growth,
- enhance multipronged approach that includes the development of human resources, promote R&D and innovation
- enhance efficiency through digital services and ensure global connectivity
- provide support for the development of e-skills and knowledge network
- identify areas for up-skilling the knowledge of MSMEs for export
- bring out, from time to time, research studies, product-wise, country-wise, and states-wise, and disseminate knowledge
- organize fairs, expos, buyer-sellers-meets, etc. to help the micro and small units
- To provide end-to-end on-ground facilitation and handholding support to Micro, Small, and Medium exporters with potential for export and cater to the requirements of the foreign markets.